Applications now open for next four Clore Courses
Applications are open for the next four residential Clore Short Courses and Emerging Leaders taking place in Autumn 2017 and Winter 2018.
This item was last updated on
22 March 2017
We are inviting applications for two Clore Short Courses and two Emerging Leaders Courses.
Applications will close at noon on Thursday 27 April.
Click here to apply: http://users.cloreleadership.org/
“There are no shortage of leadership or effective management courses available to those working in the arts, but none I’ve seen that are so sensitive, lean and investing as those run by Clore”. Employer of recent Short Course Participant
The Clore Short Course and Emerging Leaders programme are the Clore Leadership Programme's intensive, residential retreats that will give you the essential knowledge, confidence and skills required of cultural leaders today.
You will have the opportunity to reflect on your strengths, motivation and leadership style in order to be able to lead authentically - as yourself, not anyone else.
Which Clore Course is right for me?
Take the Clore quiz to find out which of our courses best suit your needs.
||Clore Short Course
||5 years+ of working in arts and culture, and significant experience of leading people and/or projects
||2-5 years of working in arts and culture with some experience of initiating projects, may have some experience of leading people
|Who Are the Coursees For:
- Ambitious and creative individuals who aspire to lead and make a difference to the sector
- People working in organisations, freelance artists and independents from across the visual and performing arts, museums and libraries
For more detailed information on the course:
To hear from past Course participants check out our Articles.
Twitter Q & A:
Clore staff will be hosting a Twitter Q & A in April (check back here for date) using the hashtag #CloreQandA. We will answer all your application and course questions whether a potential applicant or an employer.
The Short Courses and the Emerging Leaders are supported by Arts Council England, through a three-year grant to develop sector leaders. To be eligible for a subsidised place, applicants must be working in England and be committed to developing their career as a cultural leader in England.
A number of specialist bursaries are available for the Short Courses and Emerging Leaders.
Short Course Dates:
- 13-24 November 2017, Craxton Wood, Chester
- 5-16 February 2018, Eynsham Hall, Oxfordshire
Emerging Leaders Dates:
- 17-22 September 2017, Eynsham Hall, Oxfordshire
- 18-23 March 2018, Craxton Wood, Chester
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for all of the courses we are currently recruiting for via our online application portal: http://users.cloreleadership.org/
We will ask you to:
- Give us details of your past work experience and professional history
- Answer a few short essay questions (200 words each) reflecting on yourself and your leadership aspirations
- Name a nominator who will tell us a bit more about your leadership potential via an online form.
Applications will close at noon Thursday 27 April.