What we offer
The Clore Leadership Programme helps individual Board Members, CEO/Artistic Directors, Chairs and Board teams to:
- Challenge perceptions
- Harness creativity and clarity of thought, and
- Realise their aspirations for their organisation through actionable and measurable outcomes that will develop sustainability and resilience
Who can apply
The Board Development Programme is funded by Arts Council England and is available to national portfolio organisations, libraries and museums based in England.
How you learn...
We offer customised away days for Boards and executive teams and training days for Chairs and CEOs coming as a pair.
The training is very practical and break-out groups are encouraged to identify action points. These are then listed in a report/action plan which is delivered to the organisation/participants within two weeks of the day. The training covers issues such as artistic risk, financial information, legal responsibilities, strategic planning, diversity, recruitment and succession planning. The Clore team for the day will normally consist of a course leader, financial expert and a facilitator.
What difference will the course make to you?
Expected outcomes for participants will be as follows:
- A firm grounding in the principles and legal requirements of governance
- Addressing of specific issues connected with their organisation
- An opportunity to work together as a team away from normal Board business
- A practical action which they will use to strengthen governance in their organisation
How to apply
Applications are through an online process.
Applications for the 2018 Chair/CEO Days have now closed; Register Your Interest to recieve updates on when we open applications for further Chair/CEO Days and other programmes.
Do download our Practical Guide to Good Governance in Arts & Museums here.