Applications for the Spring 2018 Clore Leadership Pulse are OPEN.
Applications for Close Pulse Spring 2019 are now closed. To be notified of future courses please register your interest here
Check your Eligibility
Carefully read all the Leadership Pulse information provided on the pages on the left to see if it’s the right fit for you and whether you are eligible to apply. If in any doubt, please contact Lyndsey Douglas, Learning and Courses Coordinator on Lyndsey.Douglas@cloreleadership.org to confirm you are eligible.
Check your Availability
Check your availability for the dates of the course you are applying for. If you work for an organisation, you’ll need to talk to your employer about taking the time out for your residential course. For Leadership Pulse, all three residential modules must be attended and the dates are:
- Module One: Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th March 2019
- Module Two: Tuesday 2nd to Friday 5th April 2019
- Module Three: Tuesday 30th April to Friday 3rd May
Virtual Action Learning Sets: dates and times for three Action Learning sessions will be determined during the first residential module.
Find a Nominator
You will need to find a nominator who will support your application. Your Nomination is an assessed part of the application process, so it is important to select your Nominator carefully. We advise applicants to select someone who knows you well, can comment on your leadership potential and how you might develop further. Make sure they will have the time to complete a nomination form before the application deadline.
Making your application online
Application is by online form via our applications website users.cloreleadership.org
If you have never used it before, you will need to register an account. Please make sure that you read the instructions on the application website carefully and that you save the draft of each section as you complete it. Clicking the 'submit' button submits the relevant section to our system after which you can no longer edit that section. We recommend that you complete all the main sections and save the draft of each one, so that you can check them at the end before submitting them. If you think you may need to complete your application in a different way, please go to our section on Alternative Formats for Applications, below.
Your Nominator will be asked to complete a nomination form before you can submit your final application. Full details are provided on the online application form or through your alternative application format. It is important to ask someone who knows you, who understands your leadership potential and who can identify how the Clore Leadership Pulse will benefit you and the wider sector.
Once you submit all sections and your Nominator completes the nomination form, it will unlock a Monitoring Section that you need to complete before your submission is finalised.
The Monitoring Section helps us to know who we are reaching with our programmes but is not assessed or visible to assessors.
What you’ll be asked to submit
You will be asked to:
- Write or relay short essay responses to questions on your leadership experience and ambitions.
- Tell us about your professional experience.
- Include a nomination form which will need to be completed by your nominator.
Alternative Formats for Applications
If, for any reason, you need to make your application in a different format e.g. offline or explained in British Sign Language (BSL) through an interpreter, then please contact us.
For instance, we may be able to support with costs for an interpreter to voiceover your filmed submission or we will make a translation of your application once we receive it. Please let us know if you wish to make your application in a different way. You will still be expected to make a full submission before the deadline.
If you require assistance in this or completing the application form, don’t hesitate to let us know. Please email email@example.com or call one of our team on 020 7420 9433.
- Twenty four places are available on each course.
- The quality of your application is of course considered in determining our final decision.
- When selecting we aim to create a balanced cohort reflecting the broadest range of backgrounds, lived experiences, geography and area of work.
- Applications are assessed anonymously.
- We will normally only have one participant from any one organisation on a single course. However, on occasion we may take up to two participants from the same organisation, as long as that organisation has more than 200 employees and the two participants do not work closely together.
- We will notify all candidates of our decision whether they are successful or not by the deadline given. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications, we are unable to provide feedback should your application be unsuccessful.
- Approval of the selected candidates is made by the Learning and Courses Manager of the Clore Leadership Programme, whose decision is final.
Your provisional offer
Successful applicants will be sent a provisional offer of a place on the course. Offers for the 2019 spring and summer courses will be made by the end of November 2018.
Tips for Writing a Great Application
Over the years we have read thousands of applications. We have put together a few tips you might want to consider to help strengthen your application: Courses Application Tips